Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

........Pretty clothes!

For me fashion is a bit of a blur, I think it stems from my inability to be myself on a daily basis! Having missed out on the experimenting that most young girls would naturally experience, I find myself without a real sense of what my style is?! I see so many woman with a strong identity and coherent image and I'm very jealous of it!! And although I think I have good taste and buy lots of pretty things, I never seem to buy clothes that goes with any of the other pretty things in my wardrobe!
I decided as a project to start drawing myself with different outfits to see what I might like and what suits me!! I thought I would use existing pieces from my wardrobe and find ways to make them work for me and my body shape, I enjoyed the chance to play around but soon realised that anything that I came up with wouldn't actually exist.........hmmm .......doh! So unless I am going to start making my own clothes, I'll need to come up with a better plan!!
So back to the drawing board, as they say!!!!
And I'll just have to start my own mish-mash style in the mean time xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ok Lucy here's some advice woman to woman!!! Firstly it doesn't matter how often you wear heels those 4 inchers will still kill your feet!!! The price we pay!!! Just make sure you dont look like a constipated duck when you walk in them! Shoulders straight, bum in....he he!! Secondly, ref your style, i think you should think of the good style Paul has and try to cross that into what you like - even if it is just a basis for you! Remember, as Gwen said, steer clear of the frump!!! I'd like to say its coming from one style guru to another but.....I haven't figured out my own style yet and I'm 42 *head in hands* is there any hope for me!!! Anyway...loving the blog! Take care xx :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacs,
      Always good to get some advice :o)
      I remember you had great style when we worked together and I was always jealous of it x
      As far as the heels are concerned I think it's more about my stamina for bearing the pinching that I am working on this week, I am pretty good at walking in 4 inch heels. I think it's because I've been concentrating on blending in to the crowd more recently and flats allow me to do that better than my heels, being that I'm 6ft in my bare feet :o/ lol x And I'm happy to have an excuse to wear more heels this week anyway ..... haha x
      You take care too ♥:o)♥

      Delete